Sunday, December 8, 2013

Beautiful Oops

I just read the book Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg with my Kindergarten classes. Every art teacher should own this book! It is as the title suggests, a beautiful story about how wonderful making mistakes can be. I always tell my students, "It's not a mistake, it's an opportunity!" and this little story fit in right along with my motto.

After exploring the pictures and making creative guesses about what each splat, spill, or blob could be turned into, we created an "Oops" of our own.

The day before their class, I had made an "Oops" on different pieces of paper for the students. Each individual paper had a paint splatter of a different color, shape, or line.
 My Kinders were instructed to use their paint splatter in order to create an image, object, or picture. Their amazing imaginations went to work. It was exciting to see the students so engaged and I'm happy to share their creativity!








 Aren't these just too much fun? If you don't have Beautiful Oops in your library, I suggest ordering it. Great book for any art teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment