Saturday, January 18, 2014

Kindergarten Fall Trees

This project was an idea that stemmed from a lesson I viewed on Pinterest. The lesson involved sponge paint with fall trees. I decided to tweak it a bit and take it a step farther in order to incorporate a background as well.

The Kindergarten classes always do a unit on seasons with their home room teacher. I love to incorporate what they are already learning in their classrooms into my art lessons, and this fit perfectly!

As a class we discussed the colors of the fall season and what happens to the trees during that time. After looking at and talking about different pictures of trees, it was time for the fun to begin. Students made small and large lines with a brown marker on their paper. After that, they sponge painted red, orange, and yellow leaves with round brushes.

During the next class period, we reviewed the season of fall again. They were given a new piece of paper and traced leaf templates on top. Students then used the season's colors and painted with water color around their tracings. Later, I mounted their initial painting on top of the second and they turned out stunning! I actually used them for the art show at the beginning of the year.



My goofy class being proud of their work at the art show!

No comments:

Post a Comment