Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pop Art Group Project

I absolutely love this project and I feel like it is perfect for fifth grade! I always find that the students surprise themselves at how well they can complete this assignment.

As a class we review the Pop Art Movement, which as mentioned before is one of my favorites to teach! After presenting and class discussion, I break the students into separate groups. As a group students are to choose any product that will be constructed on a large scale with paper mache. Once the project has been designed, built, and painted, the students come up with an advertisement or commercial to present to the rest of the class.

This project does take awhile, considering I only see my fifth grade class twice a week. However, the results are always fantastic and it is a great way for students to learn and work together as a team.

Here are some of the products my students designed this year.
Giant Lipstick. (It's almost as tall as me!)  


Skateboard



PlayStation



Calculator


No comments:

Post a Comment